Blog - Expert on youth sports concussions points to St. John’s University in MN for solution
Dr. Robert Cantu, a leading national expert on the issue of sports concussions, makes recommendations in his upcoming book, Concussions and Our Kids, that will no doubt raise eyebrows among some parents and youth sports coaches. Those recommendations include:
- No tackle football before fourteen.
- No body checking in youth hockey before age 14.
- Helmets should be required in field hockey and girls’ lacrosse.
- No heading in soccer until fourteen.
- For youth baseball, require chin straps and restrict the headfirst slide.
CLICK HERE for more